Kat's Father. Exposition.
Exists to give basic exposition at the beginning. We’re playing to RPG tropes with him, a bit at least. He’s going to be assumed dead after the intro sequence. Main points:
- Morning, Kat. Long night. There were a bunch of monsters all along the watchtower. I spent a couple of precious rounds picking off a hound that was digging under one of the fences. Got chewed out by Thomas for wasting them.
- Should’ve never taken that damned vacation. But I doubt it’s better back in Chicago.
- Why go on? There’s no kids any longer. “Humanity ends with you.”
- As fast as we were killing the planet, the combine make us look like kids playing with pop-guns.
- The Black Mesa folks seem to know a bit too much about what’s going on. I don’t trust them.